Friday, March 26, 2010

Jonahisms

It's impossible to remember all of Jonah's delighful vocabulary list, but here's a pretty decent list. I forgot to post the one a few months ago, but I may revisit it when I can find it stashed on my computer somewhere.

Everything he says is SO expressive with either 4 EXCLAMATION POINTS at the end, OR a giant QUESTION MARK.

People
Mama
Daddy

Momo? Papa? (“Can we go see Momo & Papa?”)
Nana? Papa? (“Can we go see Nana & Papa?”)
Wotty (Rocky – our family dog)
Doody (Gary)
Meme (Mary)
Baby! (Baby in Mama’s belly) (OR anyone’s BELLY)

Colors (can usually identify correctly)
Pupple (purple)
Yeyyo (yellow)
Weh (red)
Boo (blue)
Ree (green)

Body Parts (can say & identify)
Eye
Eeh
(ear)
Mow (mouth)
Nnnosh (nose)
Tin (chin)
Ewbow (elbow)
Bebby (belly)
Heh (hair)
Paeh (face)
Knee (knee)
Bah (back)
Tuhn (tongue)
Tee (teeth)
Peeh (feet)
Chuuue (shoe)
Ahn (hands)
Wihwee (weewee)

Meal time
Vigorous head-shake (“I don’t want you to feed me. I want to do it myself, thank you very much.”)
Waduh (water)
Meh (milk)
Tup (cup)
Tee (eat) (OR “I’m bored, so I think it’s time to eat.”)
A dink (drink)
Appoh (apple) (OR cherry tomato, or anything red, round & edible, really)
Rrrae (grape)
Nanna! (banana)
Peh (pear)
Memon (Melon)
Hot! (Hot) (OR luke-warm) (OR “I don’t want to eat it.”)
Toppee! Hot! (“Mama’s coffee. It’s hot, so it’s not for me.....so she SAYS.”)

Toys , Characters, & Play time
Elmo
Abby

Bih Buh (Big Bird)
Tootie (Cookie Monster)
Puhnbahhh (Spongebob)
Pitchuh? (Picture. OR “I want to look at flash cards”)
Mimmie Mow (Mickey Mouse)
Pay? (play)
Cho? (show….OR “I want to watch Baby Einstein”)
Ball (ball)
Wahk (“I’d like to walk, please.”)
Hewp (“Help”)
Boot (“Book”)
Bobo (favorite toy penguin bobo doll)

Outside
Out tie? (Outside)
Nnnoooo (snow!)
Waihn (rain!)
Mohn (moon.....which he looks for every time we go "out tie")
Teee (tree)

Animals
Amal (animal)
Tow (cow)
Puppy (puppy)
Titty (kitty)
Tah (cat)
Dah (dog)
Teee. Baaaah. (sheep)
Duh (duck)
Wion (lion)
Mow (mouse)
Otto (otter)
Tab (crab)
Peeh (fish)
Deeeba (zebra)
Bew (bird)
Wabbih (rabbit)
Rrah (frog)
Nepleh (elephant)

Vehicles
A Tuh (truck)
I Tuh (fire truck)
A Tah (car)
Boa (boat)
Buh (bus)
Toodeh (scooter)
Peeboa! (speed boat)
Traiiih (train)
Taiiii (plane)

Miscellaneous
Baah (bath)
Tow (towel)
Beh (bed)
Nigh nigh (Night, night) (OR bed)

Poppy (potty)
Ditee (Diaper)

Yesuh (Jesus)
I wudyu… moh (I love you….more!)
Bye-bye (ball cap) (OR Bye-bye)

Uh-ohhhh (“I threw something down, and I want you to pick it up so I can throw it down again”)
Aw-Done ("I'm finished!")
Done-Done (“I’m finished.”) (OR “I don’t know what the picture is on that flash card, and I don’t care to even try. Let’s move on to the next one, please.”)

Favorite Songs
“The Wheels on the Bus”
Me: The Wheels on the bus go
J: wown an wown; wown an wown; wown an wown (with gestures)

Me: The people on the bus go
J: Up an OW Up an OW Up an OW (with gestures)

Me: The horn on the bus goes
J: bee bee bee; bee bee bee; bee bee bee (with gestures)

Me: The babies on the bus go
J: wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah (with gestures)

Me: The Mamas on the bus go
J: [gesture as if to say “shhhh”….which is essentially sticking his finger in his nose]

“Baby Bumblebee Song”
[mumble mumble mumble mumble] OW! –

“If You’re Happy & You Know It”
Me: [hooray verse] If you’re happy and you know it, shout HOORAY!
J: RAY RAY RAY!!!! (while stomping and flailing arms in total excitement!!)

“Twinkle, Twinkle” (sung entirely by Jonah)
Teetew teeteh [mumble] tah
Ow I wuhwuh [mumble] ah
UPPA Bubba wuhsho HIGH
WITE A didi inna Tiiiiiiih
Teetew teeteh [mumble] tah
Ow I wuhwuh [mumble] ah

No comments:

Post a Comment